Dr. Alok Kumar
DepartmentOral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Dr Alok Kumar is an oral & maxillofacial surgeon with specialization in facial trauma craniofacial surgery/facial reconstructive suregery & oral cancer. He set up the 1st craniofacial centre in Eastern India in the name of jayanti oral cancer research institute and patna dental centre in 2002.
Dr. Alok Kumar established the Deptt. of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in Bihar after he returned from U.K. Previously, he worked with Tara Hospital, Anup Memorial Hospital, Popular Nursing Home, Anupma Hospital along with Dr. R. B. Sharma, Dr. John Mukhopathya, Dr. S.S. Chiang. Prof. Narendra Prasad, prof. R. N. Singh & Prof. A. K. Agarwal.
With a career span of 30 yrs. and with more than 10000+ Surgeries carryout over the years, he have a lot to offer to the society in field of oral & maxillofacial surgery.
Specialization and Expertise
- Oral & Maxillofacial surgery
- Facial trauma craniofacial surgery
- facial reconstructive suregery
- Oral cancer
Membership, Awards & Accomplishments
- Received Healthcare Achievement Award from Times of India in 2015.
- Received Healthcare Achievement Award from Paras Hospital in 2015
- Received Healthcare Achievement Award from Rotary Chanakya in 2018 Gold Medal for overall academic performance at Buddha Institute of Dental Sciences.
- First Prize for the Best Presentation in maxillofacial Conference at Llandrindod Hospital, Wales.
- Passing ATLS & ALS (Advanced Trauma Life Support & Advanced Life Support) Exam Conducted by British Resuscitation Council
- Multiple Audits on Trauma Cases seen in Prinnce Charles Hospital East Glamorgan Hospital/UWCH Dental School, Cardiff/Sunderland District General Hospital, Luton & Dunstable Hospital.
- Audits on Orthognathic Surgery performed at prince Charles Hospital.
- Multiple presentation in the weekly Post-Graduate Meeting and gave numerous lectures on “”MANAGEMENT OF ORAL AND FACIAL CANCERS”” to the nurses.