Dr. Vikas Singh
QualificationMBBS, MD (MEDICINE), DM (CARDIOLOGY), FACC, FAPSIC, FSCAI
Dr Vikas Singh is working as a Senior Consultant Intervention Cardiologist at Mediversal Hospital. He did his MBBS and MD in Medicine from Patna Medical College Hospital and DM in Cardiology from King George’s Medical University in Lucknow. Throughout his career so far, he has received many gold medals and awards for academic excellence. He happens to be the only Cardiologist from India in 2013, to have been nominated by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India for the prestigious Commonwealth Scholarship. He received Fellowship of the prestigious American College of Cardiology (FACC) in Feb, 2015 and is the proud recipient of “Young Cardiologist Award” by the Cardiological Society of India (Bihar) in the same year.
He has a large experience of cardiac interventions including Coronary and Peripheral angiography and angioplasty; Device implantation (Pacemakers, ICDs, CRT) , valvuloplasties, device closure and electrophysiological study.
Specialization and Expertise
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart failure
- Congenital Heart disease.
- Radial angiography and angioplasty
- Device implantation.
Membership, Awards & Accomplishments
- Dr.Rangi Pd. Singh Gold Medal for being the university topper in MBBS part III.
- Dr.U.N.Shahi Gold Medal for highest marks in Surgery.
- Dr.O.P.Jayaswal Gold Medal for highest marks in Paediatrics.
- Dr.Brahmadeo S.N.Arya Gold Medal Award for combined highest in all the MBBS exams of PatnaUniversity.
- Honors in Community Medicine.
- Scholarship from Mahaveer Pd.Singh Foundation For Education & Research, New Delhi for academic excellence.
- Certificate of Excellence by the Surgical Society, Patna Medical College, for being the Topper in the University Exam.
- Dr.Vijayee Singh Memorial Gold Medal-2004, for being a topper in MBBS.
- Nominated by the Ministry of Human Resource Development; Govt Of India for the prestigious Commonwealth Scholarship in 2013 (The only Cardiologist from India to have received it that year)
- Awarded “Young Cardiologist Award” at the state conference of the Cardiological Society of India (CSI) in 2015
- Awarded “Best Speaker Award” for the year 2017-18 by API- Bihar at the annual State Conference at Muzaffarpur (BAPICON 2018).
He has a keen interest in Research and publications and that is evident from his more than 45 National and International Publications. He is a reviewer of many prestigious journals like BMJ Case Reports and Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, and is amongst the panel of authors at the European Society of Cardiology, Council for Cardiology Practice. He is a member of the Editorial Board of four International peer-reviewed journals.
He is a regular and prominent face at the print, electronic and social media platforms and keeps sharing awareness messages and tips for the general well being.
Almost all prominent English and Hindi Dailies and magazines like India Today have featured him. CNBC, Zee Bihar, ETV, News18, Doordarshan have been some of the electronic media platforms he has been a prominent part of.
- Gender : M