Cleaning anything can seem like a straightforward task, but it is way more complicated than easy.
Especially, if you’re talking about cleaning your home! That is a huge task in itself.
Start by following these simple steps & once you get started, you wouldn’t want to stop until your whole house is brightly shining –
- Wear disposable gloves to clean and disinfect.
- Clean surfaces using a solution of soap and water, then use a disinfectant
- Cleaning with soap and water reduces the number of germs, dirt, and impurities on the surface. Disinfectant kills germs on surfaces.
- Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces. High-touch surfaces include: Tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
For electronics, such as tablets, touch screens, keyboards, and remote controls.
- Consider putting a wipeable cover on electronics.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and disinfecting. If no guidance, use alcohol-based wipes or sprays containing at least 70% alcohol. Dry surface thoroughly.
For clothing, towels, linens and other items.
- Launder items according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use the warmest appropriate water setting and dry items completely.
- Wear disposable gloves when handling dirty laundry from a person who is sick.
- Dirty laundry from a person who is sick can be washed with other people’s items.
- Do not shake dirty laundry.
- Clean and disinfect clothes according to the guidance above for surfaces.
- Remove gloves, and wash hands right away.
During these testing times of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), it has now become much more necessary to inculcate cleanliness & good hygiene around you at all times. Always make sure your surroundings are clean and tidy for the betterment of you and your loved ones.